Work in Public Transit
Creating sustainable operating models for the technology needs of transit riders using open-source software, equitably.
In my day-to-day as an engineering manager in the public transportation industry, I try to make the experience of working in this sector viable for top-tier engineers. Public transit is an industry that generally can't achieve or sustain the best technology talent and output for structural reasons, which often leaves the public transit rider with a sub-optimal digital experience. Trying to navigate this complex problem is challenging and requires a surprising amount of creativity!
Beyond Engineering Management
Beyond engineering management, my interest in this industry is in creating sustainable operating models for the technology needs of transit riders using open-source software, equitably.
Specifically, my goals are to help transit agencies:
- Put riders first in how they think about and execute digital strategies
- Create sustainable financial models for transit technology software development and maintenance
- Develop broadly-applicable open-source software that gets tailored to the needs of regional transit systems
- Deploy transit technology to affordable, secure, scalable production environments
- Manage a comprehensive incident management lifecycle to achieve transparency that uncovers root causes and achieves continuous improvement
Please reach out if you would like to learn more about my work or collaborate!